Hi there, how was your weekend? Mine was very eventful with birthday parties and my school's Homecoming football game.
Today's post is a little more personal and by no means scientific. Every Monday evening, my girlfriends and I get together for dinner, maybe a movie and (of course) non-stop talking. We almost always hit on the topic of health and share our latest discoveries. I love hearing about their new finds and practiced workout routines so I thought I would share mine with you. Granted, everyone has a different makeup and build, but here are some healthy habits that I swear by:
- Social Drinker - I am strictly a social drinker. I drink alcoholic beverages at parties or a girls night out but I won't indulge in a glass of wine after work or with dinner. On average, I drink once a week, if that.
- Water Guzzler - I drink an absurd amount of water, 4-5 liters per day. I think it helps keep my metabolism speedy!
- Two Timer - I always run 3 miles, non-stop, twice a week. I try to keep my mile pace quick, with a sprint at the end of the run. Running quicker allows me to spend less time in the gym and encourages me to return. Long classes make me dread working out because of the time I lose.
- Plant Eater - My work has a commissary, so I eat from the salad bar every day for lunch. That way, I can eat whatever I want for dinner when I'm tired and lacking self control.
- On A Mission - I walk like I'm late to a meeting and I take the stairs unless it's more than 6 floors (mostly because I hate wasting time).
This is basically all I do to maintain my weight. I feel great and it's a minimal time commitment.
What are your secrets for keeping fit?
P.S. If you are looking for healthy habits that are more scientific check out The Scientific 7-Minute Workout.
Genius advertisement and photo source: NikeBlog.com